Friday 21 September 2007

In the spirit of rugby - 1:0 to French

For those not in know - the Rugby World Cup is on. France & Ireland will be meeting tonight.

The only reason I happen to be informed is because The Ultimate Other Half has been soaking my shoulder with bitter tears for a week.

Ireland has been performing poorly, you see. Appearantly. It's a bit confusing since so far they've been winning all the games in their group.

But the country is just a step away from national mourning. I'm trying hard to symphatize, I really am.

Best I can usually come up with is something in lines of "Nah, they're gonna get whacked tonight".

"If you won't shut up I'll send you home," says my boss gloomily.

Now there's an incentive to keep talking!

The French Colleague sent an email to the whole group:
"Bonjour a tous,
As the hosting nation for the rugby world cup I have brought in a few croissant
and pains au chocolat to give you an avant-taste of what is coming and put in the swing of things…
Bring your cup of coffee
along the bakery stand (Absent Ladys desk).
Bonne Journee et bonne
chance!

The French Colleague
PS: How about some baguette for lunch…"

The cheek of him!

Gonna go and grab some coffee now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not overly familiar with rugby but the male bonding thing wants to express my sympathy and hope for the other half of the equation

 
template by suckmylolly.com